Saturday, October 20, 2007

Used Book Stores Suck


It's not common for an over-educated intellectual like myself to hate used book stores, but I really do. Why? Let me count the ways...


  • They are not all that cheap.
  • They never have what I'm looking for
  • They never have much at all
  • There's nowhere to sit
  • The books are never attractively arranged (the image shown was actually on the webpage of a used book store. Note the books piled on the floor. Attractive!)


There is one exception, but this being the Rants blog, I cannot mention anything positive.

Shitdog!

1 comment:

D said...

Check out All Books in ottawa, if it's still open. That was my constant hangout - huge selection of brand new looking books (not sure from what part of the publishing chain they came from, but I believe not post-consumer) only about 25% off the cover price, but just a great place to browse.