Thursday, October 25, 2007

When giving me change, don't put the coins on the bills


Sometimes cashiers hand me my change with the bills on the bottom and the coins on top. I figure they think it makes sense because it looks pretty and you can see at once what change you're getting. However, it really bothers me that they do this.

The problem is that I've only got one hand free. The other one is holding my wallet, which is waiting for the change. So I only have one hand to take money with. I want the coins directly in my hand and the bills on top, because if the coins on on top of the bills they slide off too easily. Sometimes I try to "dump" the coins off the bills, and slide them into my change purse. This is tricky, and if I drop a coin I really get steamed.

The cashier has two harnds free; I don't. So what they should do is this: place the coins in my hand, and then with the other hand give me the bills. When cashiers do this they get rewarded with a smile and a big "thank you!" or sometimes even a "thank you for putting the coins on the bottom!"

Shitdog!

No comments: